Πέμπτη 11 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Kate Moss - Bazaar interview

Glenn: Hi, Kate. What are you up to?
Kate: Well, Michael Clark, the famous ballerina, is lying here on my kitchen floor doing stretching. It's just amazing. Oh, you should see the moves he's giving me now.
Glenn: No, that's not what the public wants to know!
Kate: Really? Michael just did a performance at the Barbican. It was sold out.
Glenn: But the public wants to know about you.
Kate: It should want to know about Michael. He's amazing.
Glenn: This is the fashion public. Just tell me about how this museum show will play out, just steps away from the Louvre, the Mona Lisa.
Kate: They asked me ... oh, my daughter, Lila, has on one Prada shoe and one ballet shoe.
Glenn: Tell me about the museum show. They asked you to do this show, and then what?
Kate: I didn't believe it.
Glenn: Did they have to talk you into it?
Kate: No, I just didn't believe it. And they said, "Well, we want to do a show that's all about you." Then finally I said, "Okay, well, I want to know all the details. I want creative input. I want to be consulted. I want to know what they're doing and who's involved. And I want to see the space." So they took me to see it, and then I realized it was major! All these red flags on the Rue de Rivoli with my name on them right by the Louvre!
Glenn: That's fantastic.
Kate: I met this man the other night, this distinguished-looking older gentleman, and he came up and told me that I looked familiar. "Hello, I think I must know you," he said. "You look familiar." Then he said, "Oh, God, I've been researching you for the last week." It was Norman Rosenthal.
Glenn: Oh, he was the head of exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Arts in London for many years.
Kate: I think he's written something about me. I hope it's good.
Glenn: Well, so have I, for the catalog. It's called "The Meaning of Kate Moss."
Glenn: I wrote about how your eyes are looking in two different directions. It has an interesting scientific name.
Kate: Is there? Oh, I have a syndrome? How marvelous!
Glenn: Yes, strabismus. Supposedly Marilyn Monroe had it. And Brigitte Bardot. It has interesting implications.
Kate: What kind of implications?
Glenn: Well, you have a different field of vision. Almost like a grasshopper can see what's going on behind it. You have a different angle. A unique field with a wandering eye.
Kate: I've heard JFK had a wandering eye. Yeah, it is almost like that. Anyway, where were we? I'm in touch with the museum, and they've told me what photographers and artists are involved, but they didn't go into the writing. I wish I'd known you'd written something. But I don't want that kind of control. It's quite a big job being in charge of the pictures. I'm glad they chose you.
Glenn: Yeah.
Kate: I didn't get paid.
Glenn: Well, you'll reap enormous rewards from this.
Kate: Do you think?
Glenn:Sure. A museum show for a muse. Now you can endorse art and stuff.
Kate: I already do, though, don't I? Damien's done a painting. And I went to see Jay [Jopling of London's White Cube gallery], and he said there are so many things that artists have done that you haven't seen. There are all kinds of things no one has seen. It's a bit scary.
Glenn: How's your fashion-designer career going?
Kate: Um ... I'm not really a fashion designer. I just love clothes. I've never been to design school. I can't sketch. I can't cut patterns and things. I can shorten things. I can make a dress out of a scarf.
Glenn: Well, that's what lots of famous designers do. They find great old clothes in stores and copy them. Most designers today are really stylists. How many do you think can really sketch?
Kate: Lee [Alexander] McQueen doesn't do that! [John] Galliano doesn't do that! There are lots of them who don't. Stella [McCartney] is a proper designer!
Glenn: So tell me, how was the [Bazaar] shoot?
Kate: Well, it was with Peter [Lindbergh], and it was so much fun. He was absolutely hilarious. Peter is old-school. There aren't many around like him anymore who really know how to take pictures. There's him and Patrick [Demarchelier]. He really knows, and he makes it look so easy. I've known him since I was 18 and worked with him for Bazaar. He's into older women, and as I get older, it gets better. He's not into little girls. Now that I'm older, we really talk and hang out. It's great to catch up, to grow up and be able to talk to people who used to see you as a little kid. Now I really appreciate how Peter works.
Glenn: You were always a good listener.
Kate: I'm a sponge, actually.
Glenn: Yeah, but not like SpongeBob. You're not a square.
Kate: Oh, thank you! Thank you for understanding me

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου